How to Convert RAW Partition to NTFS Without Losing Data?
RAW partition means that the system hard drive is in a state in which it has no file system attached to it. If the file system turns into a RAW state, then it became unreadable and un-writeable to your operating systems. Often hard drive partition becomes RAW and can have severe effects and also cause your PC to become unbootable. Whatever the files like pictures, emails, documents, and other files become inaccessible due to RAW partition.
What Are the Symptoms of RAW Partition?
- Whenever you try to open the drive in Windows PC, you get an error message saying that “you have to format the drive before you use it, do you want to format it now?”
- When you are running CHKDSK, you will be getting an error message saying, “type of file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives”
- Getting an error message like “Volume doesn’t contain a recognized file system. Make sure that all needed file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted” while conducting console operations
- If you check the RAW Drive Properties, you will find Windows system displaying; both, used and free spaces as 0 bytes in size along with no file system being indicated
How to Convert RAW Partition to NTFS or FAT File System Without Losing Data?
Step 1: Launch Hi5 Software Partition Recovery wizard and click on Partition Recovery button to recover files from the RAW partition.
Step 2: Next, select the RAW partition drive from where you want to recover files and click on the Next button. Choose the RAW Partition from the shown list of disk partitions.
Step 3: After a deep scan, recovered files from the RAW partition will be displayed. Preview and Save recovered data on to the healthy partition/external hard drive.
Step 4: Now open Disk Management, select your RAW partition under DISK 0, 1, 2 (depending on your RAW partition disk). Right click on the RAW partition and select Format. Give a new Volume Label, choose NTFS or FAT32 as file system and click OK button.
Why Hi5 Software Partition Recovery to Recover Data from RAW Partition?
RAW partition issue can be easily solved by using Hi5 Software Partition Recovery Program. Any of the Windows users can make use of this Hi5 Program as it designed with an easy-to-use interface. It is equipped with advanced scanning algorithm and hence you can recover data from the RAW partition within a few simple steps and less time. One of the most useful advantageous aspects of making use of this Hi5 drive recovery software is that it allows you to create recovery session that can be used to avoid rescanning of the drive, henceforth it helps in saving a lot of time. Thus, RAW partition recovery will be an easy task if you get this Hi5 Software Partition Recovery Tool.
Salient Features of Hi5 Software Partition Data Recovery Software:
- Hi5 Program is compatible to recover disk partitions of file systems like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT, HFSX and HFS+
- This data recovery software can recover deleted, missing, corrupted or formatted disk partitions and hard drives data
- You can easily recover RAID hard drive with the help of this Hi5 Software Partition Recovery Program
- Recover lost data or deleted files from different types of hard drives like PATA, IDE, SATA, and SCSI can be done with utmost ease
- All recovered files can be previewed using data type view and file type view options
- Disk Image option provided in the software makes it possible to recover data from hard drive having more number of bad sectors
- Can retrieve files from various non-volatile data storage devices like pen drives, USB flash drives, external hard drives, memory sticks, SD cards, memory cards, digital camera, etc.
Why Partition Turns RAW?
- When changing the file system of the drive, if the formatting/reformatting process gets interrupted/stopped at the middle due to some reasons then it displays error messages and can result in RAW partition
- Hard drive failure, partition table corruption also leads to RAW partition issues
- If the hard drive partition is affected by deadly viruses, then it damages the partition and thus makes its data inaccessible
Let it be any cause behind RAW hard drive partition, you can easily recover data from RAW partitions by using Hi5 Software Partition drive recovery Program. But, it is suggested to safeguard your hard drive or disk partitions before they get affected. Because it is far better to prevent data loss instances than to find data recovery solutions later!
Hi5 Software File Recovery restores files which are deleted or lost due to any kind of issues. This tool has the ability recover more that 300 file types stored in Windows Operating System.
Hi5 Software for Android Recovery helps to recover Android Application Package files along with RAW photographs, images, videos and audio without any complications.