Recover Data from Unrecognized External Hard Drive on Windows 10
Upon upgrading to Windows 10, you might have facing unrecognized external hard drive issue. It can be due to various reasons, including outdated or broken driver software and corrupted external drive. Whatever may be the reason, first run the hardware troubleshooting to check whether it solves your problem or not.
- Go to Control Panel and type Troubleshooting in search box
- Double click on Troubleshooting and select Configure a Device under Hardware and Sound
- When Hardware and Devices dialog box appears, click on Next
- Follow the instruction, until it shows Finish button
If problem still persists, use device manger and check whether your driver software is up to date or not, if not, update it.
1. Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc
2. Select the external drive from the list and select Update Driver Software from the pop up menu.
3. Then, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow on screen instruction.
4. At the end, hit Finish button.
Even after driver’s update, external hard drive is not recognized by your computer, then it must be issue of drive corruption. In this case, you need Hi5 Software Partition Recovery. It doesn’t fix your corruption problem, but you can get back your data from unorganized external drive.
Recovering Data from Not Recognizing External Hard Drive-
Hi5 Software Partition Recovery helps to restore data from unrecognized external hard drive. In few simple steps, all your data from undetectable external hard drive will be back. Follow the below mentioned guide for data recovery from not recognized external hard drive-
Step 1. Download, install and launch the Hi5 Software Partition Recovery
Step 2. Attach your external hard drive to system on which you have software installed
Step 3. When home screen appears, choose Recover Drives option followed by Partition Recovery
Step 4. In the next window, pick the drive that represents removable drive and hit Next button
Step 5. The software scans entire portable drive and displays list of recoverable files in File Type View and Data View
Step 6. It allows you to Preview recovered files
Step 7. Next, select the required files and click on Save button
Other Main Features of Hi5 Software Partition Recovery -
- 1. Supports data recovery from popular brands of external drive, such as WD, Buffalo, Seagate, HP, and so on.
- 2. Offers data recovery from formatted and RAW internal and external hard drive
- 3. Helps to restore data from corrupted hard drive as well as unbootable hard drive with interfaces like SATA, SCSI and IDE
- 4. Recovers files from memory cards, USB flash drive, iPod and other external drives
Hard Drive Data will be recovered without even formatting it. Make use of Hi5 Partition Recovery tool and get data back from hard drive in few simple steps.
Hi5 Software File Recovery is one of the best programs for restoring photos of all types regardless of the loss scenario. It identifies and recovers photos in the most efficient manner.