How to Access Data On Hard Drive Without Formatting?
Hard drive issues worries most of us. This is because it involves huge amount of data which cannot be lost. There are times when hard drive gets corrupted, fails, get infected by virus, and so on, due to which it becomes inaccessible. To get access, you need to format the drive. However, formatting erases all data present in the drive. Furthermore, not having a backup makes the situation even worse. Now you might be wondering it is possible to get back hard drive data without formatting, right?
Yes, it is possible. Although on most cases you need to format the drive in order to fix other issues like corruption, we will tell you couple of methods by which you can recover data from hard drive without formatting. How?
1. Run Check Disk on your hard drive
2. Use Hi5 Partition Recovery software
Run Check Disk Tool and Fix Hard Drive to Access Data
- Open Command Prompt from administrative account
- And, type chkdsk DriveName: /f /r /x [Replace DriveName with drive letter of your hard drive]
- Then, hit Enter button
Once process gets over, go back to hard drive and try to access it. If you are still getting format error, then use recovery software and restore all your data.
Data Recovery from Hard Disk without Formatting using Hi5 Partition Recovery Software: -
With the help of Hi5 Partition Recovery software you can restore data from hard drive which is corrupted, failed, etc., without formatting it. The software is built with advanced mechanisms which scans the hard drive thoroughly, and recovers files from it. So you don’t have to worry about your important documents, videos, photos, text files, presentations, and other files. Moreover, Hi5 Partition Recovery application can also restore data from formatted hard drive with ease.
Step by Step Guide to Restore Hard Drive Data without Formatting
- After downloading Hi5 Partition Recovery Software on your system, install it. Launch the application.
- On the main screen, select “Partition Recovery” option and click on “Next”
- Now the tool will ask you to select the drive from where you want to recover data. Select the appropriate disk and click on “Next” option
- Once the recovery process is completed, it will display all the retrieved data. You can view it using “Preview” option and store the recovered data to your desired location using "Save" button
Some Instances where Hard Drive Format is Required
- Hard drive failure
- File system corruption of hard drive
- Inaccessible hard disk drive
- Hard drive infected with virus or malware
There might be other reasons too for hard drive to be formatted. But under all such situations, Hi5 Partition Recovery software comes handy to get back your important data. This utility supports various hard drive interfaces like SCSI, SATA, IDE, and so on. Plus, it also recovers files from hard drive which is repartitioned, reformatted, damaged, etc.
Recovering data from old hard drive might be a tedious job, so never worry when you have Hi5 Partition Recovery software, it makes it all easy to retrieve data successfully!
Hi5 Software Photo Recovery is one of the best programs for restoring photos of almost all types regardless of the loss scenario. It works on all versions of Windows OS.