Recover Files after Check Disk
Chkdsk (Check Disk) is an inbuilt command line tool used on computers to fix issues related to hard drive it may be bad sectors, freezing issues, file system errors, directory error, etc. Though it’s an advantageous tool, sometimes it may give bad effect to users by deleting some files without any notice to user.
Real Time Scenario: "At home, i use my personal computer for office work. While working on it, I found that some of the files which i saved in D drive are inaccessible and my work is getting slower due to frequent freezing. I used chkdsk operation on D drive to fix issues. Now my system is working fine but I was shocked to see that some essential files are missing from D drive. Is there any way for file recovery after chkdsk? If so, please let me know which method to follow in order to recover missing files after chkdsk."
Well, this is a common situation faced by many users after applying check disk operation. It is necessary to maintain backup of important files in some device. If don't have any backup then do not lose hope. because, it is possible to carry out file recovery after chkdsk on Windows system easily and effectively with the help of Hi5 Software File Recovery Application. Excellent features of this tool make the toolkit Hi5 Software recover deleted or missing files after chkdsk safely and securely because the software is free from harmful viruses like Trojan, malware, etc.
How to perform check disk operation?
- When you 'Turn On' your Windows system, you will see 'Start' button. Click on “Start” button and type “Run” on search box
- Next you can see a small window. Type “cmd” on it and press Enter
- Command prompt screen will be displayed
- In case you want CHKDSK to run in read-only mode, then type CHKDSK c: in command prompt, If you want CHKDSK to fix errors and not to check bad sectors then type CHKDSK c:/f. If at all you want CHKDSK to run thoroughly, i.e. fix errors, find bad sectors in your hard drive and recuperate still readable data then type CHKDSK c:/r or CHKDSK c:/p and then press enter
Why files go missing or get deleted after applying chkdsk?
- Firstly chkdsk tool verifies the file allocation table of each partition on Windows system to fix errors. If you make any changes to file system at that moment, then some files get deleted or go msising from that partition
- Any kind of interruption while performing check disk operation will lead to data loss problems
Key features of Hi5 Software File Recovery Utility:
- The most recommended tool that can carry out file recovery after chkdsk effectively is Hi5 Software File Recovery
- Powerful algorithms of this utility scans entire partition on Windows system to retrieve all types of file format related to video, images, audio, compressed files, word documents, etc
- This cost effective and safe to use application includes unique signature search option which helps users to recognize every files lost from the Windows system without any trouble
- This program supports file recovery from various file systems such as FAT16,FAT32, NTFS and exFAT
- Apart from Windows internal hard disk recovery, one can use this tool to retrieve data deleted or lost from various external storage devices like memory cards, external hard drives, pen drives, etc. within matter of minutes
- Installation of tool can be done on any version of Windows such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows server 2003 and 2008
- It includes simple graphical user interface, so that any non technical user can retrieve files without facing any complication
How to recover missing files after chkdsk?
- Download and install Hi5 Software File Recovery. Launch it
- After launch, screen shot appears two main options
- Proceed and select either “Deleted File Recovery” or “Lost File Recovery” option based on the scenario
- Drives present on system get displayed. Select the drive from where the files are deleted or missing
- In the next screen shot you can see preview of files either in “data type view” or “file type view”
- After recovery process is done, save it to some secure location
Make use of Hi5 Software AVI File Repair tool to repair corrupt or damaged AVI, XVID and DIVX files without any modifications
Now it is very easy to fix corrupt or damaged PPT files in most effective way by using Hi5 Software PowerPoint File Repair