How to Fix Recorded Videos
“Ever since video cameras became accessible to the masses, there’s been a great convenience in recording videos.”
People record videos for various reasons! Whether it is a wedding, friends get togetherness, or a trip to some amazing place, no one opt to miss those special moments, instead cease them in a beautiful footages. After recording videos, you can keep those in cameras itself (i.e. on memory card) or you can transfer those to computer, or other removable drives. However, sometimes you may be irritated with errors when you try to play the recorded video files. The messages would be: Cannot play video. Sorry, this video cannot be played" or "Unable to play video. File has incorrect data”, etc.
Well, the reason behind this unfortunate situation may be due to corruption of recorded video file. So now the question is what leads to corruption of recorded videos!
Reasons for video file corruption after recording
- If the storage device on which recorded video has been stored is mishandled during its insertion or ejection, the device may get damage making video inaccessible
- Recording video files in low battery conditions leads to disasters like turning off camera or camcorder, which is a serious interruption while recording. Since the process doesn’t gets completed, the video refuses to play
- Playing recorded video file using incompatible media players may also damage the video
- Chances are there for video file corruption due to frequent change of file format
- Even video file may get damaged if you try to play on the system which is severely infected by viruses
So, to avoid all these catastrophes, it is necessary to follow take some actions before going to record a video…
First of all, make sure that your camera or camcorder’s battery is filled with charge. Then, make a habit of taking backup of video file before editing it or changing its format. Further, install all the codecs supported by your recorded video on the device on which you want to play that video file. Last but not the least; install some good antivirus apps on your system and keep cleaning the harmful things like viruses on a regular basis.
Sometimes, recorded videos get corrupt in spite of all measures. To get back those videos to normal state to repair recorded video, you can trust on Hi5 AVI File Repair Software on both Windows as well as Mac platforms.
Step by step guide for repairing recorded video files
The error"Unable to play. Video file has incorrect data" indicates video file corruption. To fix this issue, repair the video using these simple steps:
- Download free version of Hi5 AVI File Repair Software to your system and run the setup to complete installation process
- Launch the installed program and follow instructions present on main screen
- Use "Browse" option to choose damaged recorded video file
- After you select file, click on "Repair" tab to allow the software to initiate recorded video file repair process
- You can monitor the repair status by looking at the progress bar
- After the repair operation gets completed successfully, the program displays your video file with full description
- The application also allows you to view repaired AVI video file using "Preview" option
- Finally, activate the licensed software and save repaired video file to a preferred storage location
Benefits of using Hi5 AVI File Repair Toolkit
- Using the toolkit’s friendly user interface, you can fix recorded video file without any technical knowledge
- The app helps in fixing recorded video of various file extensions such as AVI, XVID, and DIVX
- Even you can learn how to fix recorded videos on computer hard drives, external storage devices like pen drives, memory cards, iPods, digital camera
- Also videos recorded on cameras and camcorders of different manufacturers will be repaired
- Fixes video files on micros SD card, MMC card, CF, xD, SDHC, and other memory cards
- Repairs header corruptions, video audio synchronization issues, CRC errors in the recorded video files
- Fix recorded video files on Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012
- Repair recorded video on Mac OS X OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), OS X 10.7 (Lion), OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and OS X 10.12 (Sierra)
Hi5 Software ZIP File Repair can effortlessly and swiftly mend damaged or corrupted ZIP files in few simple mouse clicks. It also supports ZIPX file along with ZIP files.
Hi5 Software Partition Recovery is the most prominent tool to recover data from Windows OS partitions. It also supports file system like FAT 16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and exFAT.