How to Repair Damaged RAR File
“I transferred RAR file from external storage device to my computer. But when I tried to open it, it displays some error message which made to suspect RAR file is damaged. I have used “Cut” option while moving so doesn’t have its backup. I need it very badly. Can anyone tell me how I can repair damaged RAR file?”
When trying to extract files from RAR archive, you might come across the error message like “CRC32 failed”, “Checksum error”, “Unexpected end of archive”, etc. But don’t worry, this page is all about a solution that helps in repairing damaged RAR archive in easy steps.
However, it’s quite common to get a corrupted RAR file when you download it from the Internet with low or unstable Internet connection or due to improper transfer of file from one location to another. Try downloading the file again and it may resolve the issue. When a re-download is not possible, you have to look for ways to repair the RAR file. This tutorial shows 2 ways to repair a RAR archive whether it’s damaged, corrupted or improperly transferred or downloaded.
Method #1: Repair Corrupted or Damaged RAR File Using WinRAR
At first, download and install WinRAR on your computer. If you don’t have a licensed copy of WinRAR, you can download a free evaluation copy and repair damaged RAR.
- Right-click on your corrupted RAR file and select “Open with WinRAR” from the context menu
- When WinRAR opens, click the Tools menu and select Repair archive
- Click the Browse button to select the destination location where the repaired RAR file has to be saved. Leave the archive type as what it was and click OK
- After WinRAR has completed repairing the archive, click the Close button
You’ll see a repaired archive created in the same folder as the corrupted archive. This method is the easiest way to fix damaged RAR files. But this way can only apply to CRC failed errors and you must have a recovery record of your damaged RAR files. So how to repair corrupt RAR files if this method does not work? Well, at this time, all you require is a reliable software that can repair the damaged RAR files.
Method #2: Fixing a corrupt RAR Archive using Hi5 RAR File Repair Tool
Hi5 RAR file Repair Software is the simple solution that helps you in fixing the damaged RAR archive when of the solutions work. It is also capable of fixing RAR file that is corrupted, broken, invalid, partial, etc. on Windows OS. With the user friendly interface of this tool, any user can repair their damaged RAR archive in 3 to 4 simple steps. You can preview the contents of RAR file after repair process. Just download its trial version and start repairing RAR file on your own.
Benefits of Hi5 RAR File Repair Tool
- The utility can repair severely corrupted or damaged RAR archive on all Windows OS versions regardless of any critical scenarios. Hi5 RAR File Repair Utility will fix corrupt RAR archive without altering original damaged RAR. i.e. it just extracts the content of the original source file and generates a new healthy one and transfers all the repaired data to it
- Simple interface of this wizard and simple instructions makes every unskilled user to repair damaged RAR archive at much ease without any third person assistance
- User can easily extract large RAR files, password protected and encrypted RAR archive using this utility
- It can also repair damaged RAR archive of any versions. WinRAR versions supported by this toolkit are WinRAR 2.00, 2.90, 3.50, 3.70, 3.80, 3.90 and 4.00
- This program repairs RAR files present on external storage devices like pen drive, external hard drive, etc. on connecting them to system
- Demo version of the application is available for free; you can download it and know the easy steps and functionality of the toolkit in fixing damaged archive before purchasing licensed version. User cannot restore their repaired RAR file using demo tool
Step by step guide to repair damaged RAR archive
In order to fix corrupted RAR archive, you’ll have to first download the Hi5 RAR File Repair Utility on Windows system running with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2003/2008/2012 operating systems.
- Install and run the software by double clicking the icon
- Select damaged RAR file that you want to fix
- Begin the repair process by hitting on the “Repair” button
- View the progress of the repair process in the progress bar
- As the repair process ends, view the repaired RAR archive and its file contents
- Browse the desired location to save the repaired files by clicking the “Save” button
Restore erased or lost files easily using the best ever file recovery software for windows Operating System. It can recover Office file, PPT, DOC and many more from external, internal hard drive and other external storage drives.
Hi5 Software Photo Recovery utility recovers photo, video and audio that are formatted or deleted from various types of external storage media. It is compatible with all latest versions of windows Operating System.