Repair Codec Error in AVI Files
At some or the other point of your life, when you try to access AVI file in Windows Media Player or in any other media player, you may encounter with these errors - Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported. Error=80040265; Player can’t open filename. You may need to reboot to complete installation of a downloaded component. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again. Error=80004005; Unable to download an appropriate decompressor Error=80040200; Codecs required to open this content could not be found. Error=C00D10D1, etc.
Cause for the problem
Each AVI file has been compressed at the time of its creation. Every time you try to play that file, OS searches for a decompressor (codec) installed on computer to read that particular compression format. When you try to play video file that uses codec which is not installed on your computer or the existing codec is not compatible with operating system or if the available codec has been damaged, then the player displays a message that your computer is missing a required codec. What happens next? You will be unable to play AVI files on any of the media players!
A quick and simple resolution – To fix AVI codec error, download and install the proper codecs required for playing AVI files, and moreover that should be compatible with your system’s operating system. If you have already installed the codecs, then uninstall and reinstall them. Even after doing this, still you are facing codec issues with AVI files and not able to play them? Then the codec might have been damaged severely due to...
- Virus Infection: When viruses such as Malware, Spyware or Adware enter your system, they start infecting the files stored in its hard drive. In case a codec of AVI video is infected by virus then the video file will not play.
- Conversion Errors: While converting AVI video file format to other formats, if there occur some sort of unexpected error then chances are there for AVI codec to get damage. This will result in codec errors when you play AVI video on computer.
- Download Errors: During the process of AVI file download from web to computer, in case any interruptions happen then there are possibilities for codec corruption. If this happens, then you cannot play the video unless you fix codec error.
How to fix codec error in AVI files?
Well, fixing codec errors in AVI video files has become quite simple as there exists a powerful repair tool called Hi5 AVI File Repair. With the help of this application, you can easily repair codec errors in AVI files and get rid of the problem in few minutes. Even severely corrupted AVI videos will be repaired with this effective repair tool. Hi5 AVI File Repair Software is one of the widely preferred tools among others. It’s a safe and secure AVI video codec error repair utility that is entirely free from all malicious programs. Moreover, the tool doesn’t alter even a single bit of data and damages the video quality while repairing codec error in AVI file. What’s more, the tool can be utilized by both Windows and Mac users.
Procedure to repair codec error in AVI files
Download Hi5 AVI File Repair Wizard. Install it on your system. Open the software and follow the main screen steps. Select the AVI video file, which is to be repaired using “Browse” button. Click on “Repair” button to start the repair process. Once the fixing process gets completed, the software shows you the repaired AVI video file description. The tool also allows you to preview fixed AVI file before saving. Finally, save your fixed AVI video to your desired destination location.
Other features of Hi5 AVI File Repair Program
- Person who is having less technical knowledge can easily fix AVI codec error and make unplayable AVI videos once again as playable through its simplified interface
- This toolkit repairs audio and video stream of AVI files separately and then adjoins them for making that file perfectly synchronized one
- Along with internal Windows and Mac hard drives, the tool can be used to fix AVI video files on external storage drives like memory cards, external hard drives, pen drive, etc.
- Capable of fixing AVI as well as DIVX and XVID video file formats
- Maintain backup of important AVI files so that you can utilize them in case of AVI codec corruption issues
- Never attempt to play your valuable AVI files on incompatible media players
- Make sure that no interruptions occur while downloading or conversion process of AVI files
Hi5 Software ZIP File Repair can effortlessly and swiftly mend damaged or corrupted ZIP files in few simple mouse clicks. It also supports ZIPX file along with ZIP files.
Hi5 Software Partition Recovery is the most prominent tool to recover data from Windows OS partitions. It also supports file system like FAT 16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and exFAT.