Recover Files from Folder Not Showing any Files in Windows 10
Is it possible to fix can’t see files in a folder on Windows 10 issue in less time? Absolutely! Undeniably! If you are unable to find files in folders on Windows 10 even though it shows free space as zero, then this article will provide you simple and easy methods to get rid of folder not showing file issue on Windows 10.
Method #1: Unhide Hidden Files
Sometimes, files go missing from the folder on Windows 10 due to virus infection or you might have hidden files due to safety reason. If virus infection is the reason that you can’t see files on Windows 10 folder, then run the Antivirus software to remove virus infection. In case, files can’t be visible as you have hidden them, then follow the steps mentioned below-
- Navigate to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization-> Folder Options
- Select Show hidden files, folders and drives Radio button
- Then, uncheck the box that is located next to ‘Hide protected Operating System files(Recommended)’
Now, go back to your folder from which files are missing and check if files are visible or not. If not, use the command prompt to unhide files that are hidden due to any reason. Here are the steps-
- Open Command Prompt and location of your drive containing folder where files are hidden, like d: [where d is drive name]
- Then, type dir /ah to view files and folders with hidden attributes
- Next, enter attrib [name of file/folder] -r -a -s –h [Name of file/folder- here type the name of the file which you want to unhide with its extension]
- Repeatedly type dir /ah until you find all your hidden files
In case, there are no hidden files and still you can’t see files in folder, then it might be that files are lost due to corruption or other reasons. In this case, use reliable and advanced recovery tool like Hi5 File Recovery software and restore all your files on Windows 10.
Method #2: Recover Files from Folder on Windows 10
Hi5 File Recovery software easily restores files that are missing from folder on Windows 10. The software is designed with advanced algorithm so that you can recover any file types that are lost from your Windows 10 computer. Also, it provides Select File Type Option to recover particular types of files instead of recovering all file types to save your time.
Complete Tutorial on How to Recover Files from Folders on Windows 10-
Step 1: Download Hi5 File Recovery software on your Windows 10 and install it. Don’t install it on the drive from which files has to be recovered.
Step 2: Launch the application and when home screen appears, select "Lost File Recovery" option
Step 3: Next, select the drive from where you wish to restore missing files in Windows 10
Step 4: In the next window, select a specific file type or click on "Skip" button to select all the file types by default
Step 5: After completion of scanning process, the software displays all recovered files
Step 6: Next, save the required files in any location, but not the one from which you have lost them
What Are the other Beneficial Factors of Hi5 File Recovery Application?
- Quickly restores deleted files from Windows 10 hard drive formatted with FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, and exFAT file systems
- Helps to recover files that are missing from storage devices like external hard drive, memory card, pen drive, etc.
- Recovers files lost due to accidental formatting, virus infection, accidental deletion, transfer error, etc.
- Performs data recovery from emptied Recycle Bin
- Always have updated Antivirus software on your system
- Scan your computer regularly for virus and malware
- Maintain backup of important files in any safe location
Hi5 Software ZIP File Repair mends ZIP and ZIPX files with great comfort. It supports all version of Windows Operating Systems so download and launch it.
Secure software to repair PSD and PDD files with few simple mouse clicks. It has the ability to repair RLE compresses PSD files so click the link and download instantly.