Solve RAR Error 'Cannot Open File as Archive'
RAR files easily get corrupted due to virus infection, errors by the application creating RAR file, download errors and other reasons. These corrupt files show various kinds of errors like 'Cannot open file as archive'. When this happens, contents of the RAR file will become inaccessible. In order to repair this file, use Hi5 RAR Repair software. Download a trial today!
Corruption in RAR files
RAR files are a type of compressed file format that contains several files and folders within it. These files are lighter and occupy considerably less storage space compared to regular files. And also thanks to the file size, they can be transmitted faster. However, despite these advantages, like all other files, RAR files also do experience corruption issues from time to time.
The errors due to corruption can show up in a variety of ways, but one of the most common errors you can encounter is ‘Cannot open file as archive’. This error occurs mainly as a result of incomplete download or incomplete transfer. It can also occur due to errors by the application creating the RAR file or due to bad sectors in the drive where RAR files are stored.
If the error is caused due to an incomplete download or transfer, in most cases it can be resolved by downloading or obtaining another copy of the RAR file. However, when another copy cannot be obtained or if the file gets corrupted due to other reasons, you can repair the RAR file using a tool called Hi5 RAR file repair.
Hi5 RAR File Repair Software- Best Method to Fix RAR Error Cannot Open File as Archive
Hi5 RAR File Repair tool fixes RAR file error – “Cannot open file as archive”, and makes the contents of the file accessible again. The software works in such a way that it extracts the contents of the corrupt file and repairs the errors. Since it works on such a read only mechanism, it will not cause any damage to the original file. Moreover, the tool comes with a user-friendly interface which makes the repair process easy even for a new user.
Complete Guide to Solve RAR Error Cannot Open File as Archive
- 1. Download and install Hi5 RAR File Repair software on your system
- 2. Run the program, and use the "Browse" option to select the RAR file to be repaired
- 3. On selecting the file, click "Repair" button to start the repair process. The time it takes depends on the severity of corruption.
- 4. The tool starts scanning the RAR file. Once the repair process is completed, you will be notified and the repaired file will be available for preview.
- 5. “Preview” the repaired RAR file and choose a location to save the repaired RAR file using the “Save” option
What Else Can Hi5 RAR File Repair Software Do?
- • Ability to fix RAR files corrupted due to header corruption, WinRAR application malfunction, CRC errors etc.
- • It can repair encrypted and password-protected RAR files with ease
- • RAR archives of size up to 4GB can be fixed by this software
- • Supports RAR files created on any version of WinRAR
- • Supports all versions of Windows like Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
Note: If you are having trouble opening a password protected RAR file, refer unzip password protected RAR file
Hi5 Software MOV File Repair utility effortlessly mends corrupt or broken MOV, MP4 and M4V files. To read more about this article click the given link.
Hi5 Software for Android Recovery utility recovers deleted or formatted multimedia files from different types of external storage devices. Download this software to evaluate its recovery ability.