How to Fix Word Document Not Opening from Email Attachment
Sometimes, you won’t be able to open Word document from email attachments. When you try to open Word document from email attachments, it prompts error messages like
"Microsoft Outlook (Protected View) has stopped working"
“Word experienced an error trying to open the file”
“The file is corrupt and cannot be opened”
The main reasons behind these errors are enabled protected view and file corruption. So, we will try disabling protected view before going to fix the Word file. To disable protected view-
- Open Word and navigate to File-> Options
- From the left hand of the screen, select Trust Center
- Next, click on Trust Center Settings button and select Protected View
- Uncheck Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments checkbox
Now, go back to your email and try to open Word file. If the same problem persists even after disabling Protected View, then try to repair your Word file. First, try out built-in Repair option of MS Office. To use it, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Go to Control Panel-> Programs and Features
- Select Microsoft Office and right click on it
- Then, choose Repair option from the drop-down menu
This will help you to fix the Word document. If it doesn’t resolve the issue, then the last option is to utilize third-party Word File Repair tool i.e. Hi5 Word File Repair software
Fix Word File that is not opening in email attachments using Hi5 Word File Repair software-
Hi5 Word File Repair software helps to fix Word document that is not opening from Outlook attachments. It repairs Word document with both .doc and .docx extension. The tool fixes damaged Word file and recovers fonts, OLE objects, images, forms, graphs, hyperlinks, tables and other file attributes safely. The software doesn’t alter original file as it works in read-only mode.
How to Repair Word File that Refuses to Open from Email Attachments:
Get Hi5 Word File Repair software on your computer and then follow the instructions to install it. Next, run the software and just perform three simple steps to fix Word file.
- Use Browse button to select corrupted Word file and click on Repair button
- Once the repairing process is finished, view repaired Word document using "Preview" option
- Then, save the repaired Word file using Save button
Hi5 Software Word File Repair will help you in reading corrupt Word files swiftly and effortlessly. This tool works on read only mode thus do not alter any actual content.
Try Demo version of Hi5 Software Word file Repair to fix problems related to DOCX files on Windows Operating System. It also repair DOC file without any difficulties.