Recover Lost Data from Mac after Failed Mac OS Sierra Upgrade
Well, the latest update of Mac OS X – Mac OS Sierra doesn’t work the way it was intended during its upgrade. Many users complaining that the installation of Sierra get stuck or freezes during its upgrade, which then results in the situation wherein the Mac fails to boot to any OS. Have you ever encountered a situation where in your Mac monitor greets with an error “OS X Sierra couldn’t be installed on your machine”? And you look to restore files from Mac after failed Mac OS Sierra upgrade? Don’t worry; the aim of this page is to share the useful information about recovery of data after failed Mac OS Sierra upgrade.
Data loss during Sierra upgrade is not limited to any particular Mac machine, but it can happen on iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook Mini, etc. So Apple always recommends backup Mac hard drive with the aid of Time machine application before every OS X upgrade. The Time Machine backup will restore the previous version of OS X by recovering all the data back.
Here are some useful tips to check before Sierra upgrade and avoiding its failure
- Get rid of antivirus applications installed on your Mac machine
- Try upgrading the software in Safe mode
- Switch from wireless connection to hardwired connection
- Check whether you Mac device is suitable for Sierra upgrade
- Of course, don’t forget to create Time Machine backup
Recover lost data from Mac after failed Mac OS Sierra upgrade
Well, in the absence of Time Machine backup, recovering files from Mac after failed Sierra upgrade becomes a dream. So you need to find out professional Mac data recovery software to retrieve all those lost files. Hi5 Partition Recovery Application for Mac works well to restore files from Mac after failed Mac OS Sierra upgrade. It allows you to effectively recover files like Office files, videos, music files, pictures, compressed files with 3-4 simple recovery steps.
How to retrieve data after failed Sierra upgrade using Hi5 Partition Recovery Program for Mac?
Step 1: Download Hi5 Partition Recovery Wizard for Mac on any healthy Mac machine, and then install it.
Step2: Connect the hard drive from where you want to recover lost data after failed Mac OS Sierra upgrade to the system on which the program has been installed.
Step 3: Run the toolkit and follow the on-screen instructions for restoring lost files after Sierra upgrade fails.
Step 4: Choose “Partition/Volume Recovery” option from the next screen.
Step 5: Choose the appropriate drive and click on “Next”.
Step 6: Application will start scanning and after sometime, all the lost data will be recovered and displayed on screen.
Step 7: Preview the restored files and save them on any device or location.
Features of Hi5 Partition Recovery Utility for Mac
- First of all, the toolkit’s friendly user interface lets even a non-technical person to easily recover files after the failure of Sierra upgrade
- Not only Mac OS Sierra, the utility helps to restore data lost after Yosemite upgrade and other Mac OS upgrade like Mac OS X 10.5 x (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- The tool can be applied on Mac system drives having file systems like HFS+, HFSX, FAT16, FAT32
- One can restore lost, deleted, and formatted data on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, iMac effortlessly
- Recovers lost data from corrupted hard drives, pen drives, memory cards, FireWire drives, etc.
- Retrieve lost or deleted files after formation of bad sectors on hard disk
- Even helps in recovering files from dead and failed hard drives