How to Recover Deleted Songs from iTunes Mac?
Music files are generally managed on Mac systems via iTunes. iTunes stores your music files in the iTunes Music folder.
When you delete a song on iTunes, the music file just vanishes from the iTunes listing, and it will be still present in the iTunes Music (iTunes Media in newer versions of Mac) folder. So, first check the iTunes folder for your missing music file. If you find it, then re-import the song back to iTunes via drag and drop option.
If the song is removed from the iTunes, then deleted from the Finder then you have to locate it in the Trash. So, follow these guidelines to get back music deleted from iTunes:
- Launch iTunes and go to Preferences
- Choose Advanced option and enable Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library
- Drag the deleted music file from the Trash and drop onto Desktop
- Again drag the song on top of the iTunes icon
Now, the deleted song should be reimported into your iTunes and a copy of it should be present in iTunes folder.
In case, you are unable to find the deleted music file in Trash folder then you need to check your Time Machine backup. If the deleted songs are not available even in Time Machine backup, then you need to purchase them again from iTunes Store.
But, before you buy those deleted songs again, just try Hi5 Photo Recovery for Mac to get back music deleted from iTunes. It is experts recommended and most positively reviewed tool.
Why Hi5 Photo Recovery for Mac to Recover Deleted Songs from iTunes?
- This is the most suggested tool to restore music deleted from iTunes because of its outstanding capability in performing smart and effective recovery
- It has easy-to-use handy interface, which makes every tech and novice users easier to retrieve deleted songs from iTunes by following few simple steps
- This award winning software is responsible enough to retrieve music files from various portable devices like memory cards of all type, external hard drives, USB drive, etc. on connecting it to Mac OS X
- Employing this wizard, one can also rescue songs from the iTunes of various Macintosh OS based systems such as MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac and Mac mini in no time
- Along with recovering deleted songs from iTunes, the toolkit recovers images and videos from the various camera such as Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Kodak, etc.
- User can judge effectiveness of the software even before activating it, as it provides preview of the recovered songs
- The tool involves advanced algorithms to help users in recovering deleted music from iTunes of all formats such as MP3, MP4, M4V, etc. from iTunes
So, Here Are the Steps to Retrieve Deleted Songs from iTunes:
- Install Hi5 Photo Recovery Software for Mac on your machine
- Run it and select Deleted Photo Recovery option for recovering deleted songs from iTunes
- Now choose the drive where your iTunes is located and click on Next button
- Choose Music and Video as file type to scan
- After finishing the recovery process, Preview the recovered music files
- Click on Save key for saving recovered songs
How to Avoid Media File Loss/Deletion from iTunes?
- Copy your favorite (preferred to copy all) songs from iTunes to some external device as a backup, so it saves you at unexpected data loss situations
- It is necessary to copy entire iTunes files to some portable storage device before performing iTunes up-gradation or prior upgrading Mac
- Do not empty Trash immediately after deleting files from iTunes