Recovering Data from Mac Sierra Hard Drive
Well, data loss is not restricted to any particular Mac machines or specific Mac OS X versions, but it may also happen on the latest OS of Mac OS X lineup –Sierra, which has bought some great changes to the way you using Mac earlier. It has been reported that most of the Sierra users have lost their precious pictures, documents, movies, songs, etc. However, data loss on Sierra which makes you upset is one of the most common problems due to -
- Improper upgradation to Mac Sierra
- Formatting or reformatting of Sierra hard drive mistakenly
- Accidentally erasing files and folders from OS X Sierra machine and emptying its Trash without checking its content
- Corruption of hard drive due to file system damage, presence of bad sectors, catalog file damage, disk error, MBR damage, etc.
Here you will find effective resolutions employed to recover lost data from Mac Sierra.
Tip: Before you perform Mac Sierra data recovery, you should not put new data to your Mac machine so that lost files would not be overwritten by new data. If you upgrade your Mac, please make a full preparation of data backup. Thus you will minimize data loss possibility.
Recovering data from Mac OS Sierra hard drive through Time Machine Backup
If you have acted smartly and created Time Machine Backup before Mac OS Sierra upgrade, you can restore lost or missing data from it.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences, then choose the Time Machine icon. Select the “Show Time Machine in menu bar” checkbox
- Choose “Enter Time Machine” from the Time Machine menu
- Select a file and press Space Bar to preview the file. Find the one you need to recover and click Restore to get back the selected file to its original location
If you haven’t created any backups for your Mac Sierra and lost it, then you need to follow the below guidance to restore Mac OS Sierra data.
Choose a professional data recovery tool for restoring Mac Sierra data
Do you think that it is difficult to recover lost data from Mac Sierra? No, it is very simple and all you need is the right software called Hi5 Partition Recovery for Mac. Well, the program has been designed using Easy-to-Use interface and fully supports Mac OS Sierra and previous versions of Mac like Mac OS X 10.5 x (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). It has the ability to retrieve data from deleted Mac Volume, dead hard drive, failed, crashed, and the one that stopped working for any logical damage. In addition, the toolkit will retrieve data from Mac Sierra partitions formatted with HFS/ HFS+/ FAT16/ FAT32 file systems.
How to recover lost data from Mac Sierra using Hi5 Partition Recovery Software for Mac?
Initial Set Up: Download and install Hi5 Partition Recovery Application for Mac on a healthy Mac machine. Then connect the Mac Sierra hard drive to that machine and run the program.
Follow these simple steps to recover files from Mac Sierra hard drive:
- Launch Hi5 Partition Recovery Software for Mac
- In the first window, you will see two recovery modes. Select either “Partition Recovery” or “Formatted/Reformatted Recovery” depending on the situation that how you lost data from Sierra hard disk
- Software will scan entire machine and displays all logical volumes associated with that
- Choose the Volume from where data has to be restored and click "Next"
- This utility scans selected disk and displays all lost data from selected Volume
- Now choose the files which you want to get back and proceed "Next"
- Finally, browse for destination location to store recovered files, but not on the same Volume
Other features of Hi5 Partition Recovery Utility for Mac
- Restore deleted, lost, formatted, reformatted Volumes
- Recovers Volume on any type of hard disk such as SATA, SCSI, IDE, etc.
- Retrieves files erased and emptied from Trash folder
- Save recovery session is an advantageous feature of this tool which saves scanned information
- Using this tool one can restore Volume on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, iMac effortlessly
- Preview option is available to view recovered data before saving
- Supports recovery of data from external hard drives, pen drives, FireWire drive, memory cards, etc.