Solve Outlook Error PST File Not Found Error
You might have seen 'the file xxxx.pst could not be found' error message while accessing PST file. This error message occurs due to reasons like PST file corruption or exchange server unavailability. Here we will show you some easy methods to resolve the error “PST file not found”.
Workaround #1: If Microsoft Exchange is not available
If Exchange server is deleted or unavailable, then you need to convert OST file to PST file using some third party software’s like Hi5 software OST to PST conversion. After converting your OST file to PST, try to access it.
Workaround #2: If PST file is corrupted
You might come across PST file not found error, when PST file gets corrupted due to any reason. You can fix damaged PST file using different methods.
Method #1: Inbuilt Microsoft Inbox Repair Tool
Microsoft Outlook provides inbuilt Inbox Repair tool to fix corruption issues. Do as follows to use Inbox Repair Tool to repair corrupted PST file.
- Go to the drive where you have system or application files
- Look for Scanpst.exe using search box
- Once you find Scanpst.exe, double-click on it
- Use Browse button to select the damaged PST file
- Hit on Start button
- It will scan and displays issues with your PST file
- Then, select Repair button
Limitations of Inbox Repair Tool-
- It repeatedly scans your PST file to fix corruption issues
- Fixes PST file only if corruption level is low
- It repairs PST file only if corrupted PST file size is less than 2GB
Method #2: Hi5 Software Outlook PST File Repair
As there are many issues with Outlook built in tool, you need to utilize Hi5 Software Outlook PST File Repair tool to for fixing corrupted PST file. It fixes PST file in few simple mouse clicks and renders error free PST file. Not just “PST file not found” error, it even helps to fix Work offline problem, search indexing issue, etc. You can easily access Outlook attributes like emails, journals, tasks, contacts, etc. from repaired PST file.
Here is the guide to fix Corrupted PST file to solve Outlook error PST file not found:
Download Hi5 Outlook PST File Repair Software on your System and install it. After completion, launch the tool to begin with repair process.
Step 1: Select the suitable option from the main screen
- Open Default PST File - Select PST file from the default location
- Select PST File Manually – When you know exact location of your PST file, opt this option
- Find All PST Files - Select this option when you are not aware of the PST file path
Step 2: In the next screen, you can see two different scanning options
Normal Scan - Select this option when the severity of PST file corruption is low
Smart Scan – Use this option to recover deleted emails, contacts, appointments, journals, notes, or any other Outlook attributes. And to fix severely corrupted PST file
Step 3: After selecting appropriate options, click on "Repair" button
Step 4: After completion, you can view repaired PST File using "Preview" option
More About Hi5 Outlook PST File Repair Software:
- Recovers deleted emails with its attributes like CC, To, attachments
- Produce repaired PST file in Outlook 2003-2010 format for easy access
- Easily fixes password and highly encrypted PST file
Using Hi5 Software Outlook PST File Repair App one can easily repair entire PST file error effortlessly in few simple clicks. Install the tool on any version of Windows Operating System successfully!
Here is the software which will help you fixing MS Outlook 2003 not recognizing PST file error easily without losing any data. Works on all latest Microsoft Outlook Versions and Windows computer.