Fix Word 2013 Stopped Working on Windows 8
Tried to open Word file on Windows 8, but ended up getting this error message - “Microsoft Word 2013 not responding”? Also, is MS Word crashing often? This indicates that there is some serious problem with the Word file. There are various reasons why this could happen. Let’s look at some reasons behind this error message:
- Microsoft Word application malfunction
- Third party plugins
- Following improper steps while exiting MS Word application
- Word document corruption due to malware or virus
Here are a few methods you can try out to fix not responding Word 2013 in Windows 8:
If you are continuously getting Word 2013 not responding message in Windows 8, then take the help of Task Manager to get rid of this error.
- Open Task Manager by using Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut keys
- Look for WINWORD.EXE in Details tab
- Find WINWORD.EXE, right click on it, and hit End task button
Now, try to open the Word 2013 document. If you still get the same error message, then try out the next method.
Using built-in Repair Option:
Microsoft Office provides a Repair option to fix not responding and other issues on Word file.
- Navigate to Control Panel-> Programs and Features
- Select the MS Office program and right-click on it
- Next, select Change followed by Repair option
- Hit Continue button to start repairing
After the repair process, try to open your Word file. If the problem still persists, then you need a third party Word File Repair tool to fix the Word document.
Repair not Responding Word 2013 in Windows 8:
Hi5 Word File Repair tool is a read-only tool which will fix not responding Word 2013 file on Windows 8. Safely. Throughout the repair process, the software only extracts the content from the damaged Word doc, fixes the issues, and saves the content in a new healthy Word file. Thus the original file remains intact with no further damage.
This Word Repair application also comes in handy to fix inaccessible Word file, broken, not opening Word documents in few steps. The software not only repairs Word file, but it also recovers headers, footers, OLE objects, hyperlinks, etc., from .doc / .docx file. It supports Word file repair on other Windows OS versions too, including Windows 10, Windows 7, etc.
Steps to Fix Word 2013 not Responding on Windows 8:
- Download Hi5 Word File repair tool on your Windows 8 computer, and install it
- Click on the “Browse” option on the main screen and select the corrupted Word 2013 document to be fixed
- After selecting the DOC/DOCX file, hit on “Repair” option to start the repair process
- On completion of Word fixing process, you get a notification that Word file repair has been completed successfully
- Use the “Preview” option to view the repaired Word file and save it to any location
Not able to access your DOCX file in Word 2010? Don’t worry!! Get your Word 2010 DOCX file fixed by making use of the reliable repair tool called as Hi5 Word File Repair tool just in few minutes. Try now
Irritated by Word 2007 file errors? Then download and install exclusive Hi5 Word File Repair Tool and fix any Word file errors on all the latest Windows operating systems including Windows 10 easily.