Fix Outlook PST File Error 0x80040116
If you are a regular user of MS Outlook, you will be aware of the fact that it uses Personalized Storage Table (PST) file format to store its data. This PST file is prone to get corrupted in case of any kind of mishap like virus attacks, system crash down, oversized PST file, improper shutdown, etc. which results in the inaccessibility of mailbox and also leads to various type of errors. Error code 0x80040116 is a timeout error which occurs while sending or receiving any email. It also restricts to access the data saved in PST format.
In order to fix this error, inbuilt repair tool can be used which helps in repairing the corrupted PST file. To do this, first of all, close MS Outlook and then enable ‘Show hidden files or folders’ option. Now launch scanpst.exe application and browse the PST file needed to be repaired and then start. If the error still persists, then you can install 2GB truncation tool which can be used along with scanpst.exe. Doing so will help in repairing the corrupted file and hence fixes the error 0x80040116. But, you can’t employ this method if your PST file size is more than 2GB. So you are advised to opt for a professional repair tool and resolve outlook pst error 0x80040116.
Hi5 Outlook PST File Repair Software is able to repair highly-corrupted files and can also recover the deleted mails or attachments. The provision of having a preview of recovered items makes it different from other tools. It is compatible with all versions of Outlook like 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. And is supported by operating systems like Windows 10, Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
Steps for repairing the PST file error 0x80040116
Following are the easy steps that have been formulated to provide the Hi5 Outlook PST File Repair Tool’s users the chance to learn how to repair PST file error 0x80040116.
- Download and install Hi5 Outlook PST Repair Application on your Windows computer by logging in as local system administrator
- Install and launch the program and follow onscreen instructions to begin with repair process of PST file
- The options that are provided on the main screen of the program are Open PST, Find PST File, and Select Outlook Profile
- If you know the location of PST file, then click on Open PST file; if you need to find the location of the PST file then click on Find PST File and to change the Outlook profile click on Select Outlook Profile
- Select an appropriate option and in the next screen browse for the PST file and then click on next button
- In the next screen, click on Normal Scan or Smart Scan option as per the scenario that has caused corruption to the PST file
- After that select the destination path where the PST file has to be saved and then click on the Repair button
- The scanning process takes place and progress bar showing status of PST file repair process is shown
- After completion of PST file repair, you can view the contents of the repaired PST file including emails and other Outlook attributes
Features of Hi5 Outlook PST File Repair Utility
- Recovers all deleted and lost mailbox items including emails, contacts, calendars, journals, RSS feeds and many other items easily
- Supports repairing of password protected as well as highly encrypted PST files
- Fixes PST files bigger than 20 GB in size smoothly
- Also helpful in fixing Outlook file that can’t be opened, and also other errors encountering while opening PST file
- Install some good antivirus software to remove harmful viruses
- Keep updating your MS Outlook applications regularly
- Keep a backup of PST file always
Using Hi5 Software Outlook PST File Repair App one can easily repair entire PST file error effortlessly in few simple clicks. Install the tool on any version of Windows Operating System successfully!
Here is the software which will help you fixing MS Outlook 2003 not recognizing PST file error easily without losing any data. Works on all latest Microsoft Outlook Versions and Windows computer.