How to Restore Data from Mirrored Volume
In present days, dynamic disk is widely used on personal computers and servers. And basically 5 types of volumes can be found on a dynamic disk. Mirrored volume is one among those. This page explains what happens when you mirrored volume is deleted or lost and shows how to recover data from the same.
While using or managing volumes like mirrored volume on the computer, you can't be too careful. Even though, mistaken deletion problems still occur frequently. When people realize it's a huge mistake, they'll be eager to know whether it's possible to recover files from mirrored volume; is that right? Therefore, we'd like to provide solutions to help people recover data from mirrored volume in Mac.
What Happens When You Delete Mirrored Volume?
Assume that you plan to see properties of a volume or extend a volume by right clicking on it, but you mistakenly choose "Delete Volume" option and then press "Yes" button in the delete volume window. When this happens, the corresponding disk space will be released immediately (become unallocated).
In order to ensure the integrity of data, we strongly recommend that you drop everything you're doing on the computer. In other words, it's better to shut down the computer and restart it to do what we tell you to do in the following section.
How to restore data from a mirrored volume?
We advise you to follow the ultimate guide given below carefully to retrieve data from a dynamic volume called mirrored volume.
- Download and install Hi5 Partition Recovery Software for Mac on your Mac machine
- Connect the affected mirrored drive to the software installed Mac machine
- Open the application by double clicking on the shortcut icon
- Select “Partition Recovery” option to recover deleted mirrored volume. You can choose “Formatted / Reformatted Recovery” option to recover files from formatted mirrored drive based on the data loss scenario
- The tool scans and displays all the drives present and connected to that PC
- Choose the mirrored drive from where files are to be restored and click on “Next” button
- The app scans selected drive and displays all the lost files
- Mark the files and folders which have to be recovered
- Finally browse for the destination location to save restored data files; however not to the same mirrored drive!
Data Recovery Software for Mirrored volume
Hi5 Partition Recovery Application for Mac is the best recovery program that can be utilized for recovering data from a Mirrored volume, which is also called as Raid 1 volume. With the help of its simple GUI, even a novice user won’t get any difficulties in restoring data from deleted volume. In addition, it recognizes and restores up to 300 types of files, such as Word files, excel sheets, PPT files, email archives, etc., as well as media files depending on their unique signature. You can even add / edit new signatures for files that are not listed.
Not only this, it helps to recover data from external hard drives, internal hard drives, memory cards, USB flash drives, iPods, FireWire drives, etc. And also recovers data from formatted or deleted RAID 0, and RAID 5 volumes/partitions along with mirrored volume (RAID 1).
Supported Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.5 x (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) & Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra)