Recover Data from Unrecognised iOmega External Hard Drive
“Hi I have an iOmega Ego external hard drive for my Macbook pro (running on Lion OS X). My drive suddenly stopped being recognized by the laptop from yesterday afternoon. I've tried rebooting and powering everything down but the iOmega Ego external hard drive not recognized on Mac. Is there any software from which I can recover data from unrecognised iOmega Ego external hard drive as the data stored on that is really important for me?”
So, your iOmega eGo external hard disk is not recognized on Mac? Do you know why this happens? Well, there are many reasons due to which an iOmega eGo external hard disk would not be recognized. Some of them are mentioned below.
- If the iOmega eGo external hard drive is infected with malicious viruses due to connecting it to multiple devices without scanning
- When the file system of an iOmega eGo external hard drive has been corrupted
- Due to malfunctioning of Mac OS X
- If the iOmega eGo external hard drive has been filled with numerous bad sectors
Normally, in all these cases the drive would appear in Disk Management as “unallocated space”. So, check whether the iOmega eGo external hard drive on Disk Management is appearing with a recognized Mac supported file system. If yes, then you may have an issue with drive letter conflicts and iOmega ego external hard drive not recognized on Mac machine. To resolve this, right click the external hard drive in Disk Management and pick up the option “Change Drive Letter and Paths”. Then, select a drive letter which is not in use from the drop down menu. Now, check whether this procedure worked well and makes the drive appear in My computer. If not, then you have to go with a professional Hi5 Software to Recover Mac Partition to recover data from unrecognised iOmega Ego external hard drive when it has been undetected.
Iomega eGo External Hard Drive Recovery Software
If the Iomega drive appears on Disk Management, then there is a good chance that the data is recoverable. A reliable partition recovery application like Hi5 Software to Recover Mac Partition will restore data from iOmega external hard drive when not detected easily and effectively. Some of the notable attributes of the application are something like this….
- It has been designed using ‘Do-it-yourself’ interface
- Scans each and every sector of an undetected Iomega drive and restores every bit of data present on it
- Recovers various kinds of files such as video files, audio files, archives, documents and many other from Iomega eGo drive
- Supports recovery of HFS+ partitions as well as retrieve data from HFSX and NTFS formatted volumes
- Free demo version of the application can recover upto 1GB of data from iOmega eGo external hard drive when not detected
- Apart from data recovery from undetected iOmega eGo external hard drive, it helps in recovering data from other storage devices like flash drives, memory cards, iPods, cameras, etc.
- Allows you to have a preview of all recovered data
- Supports all latest Mac OS X versions
Step by Step Guide to Recover Data from iOmega eGo External Hard Drive on Mac when not detected!
- Launch the installed Hi5 Mac Partition Recovery application on Mac computer
- Next screen with two recovery modes will be displayed. Here you can select “Volume Recovery” option
- Software performs a scan and show you the list of storage drives from which it can recover data. Pick up Iomega drive
- Program starts recovery process to retrieve data and after completion of the process, you will get a list of retrieved data along with folder structure in “Data View”
- Finally you can save the data on desire location
Useful Note: Don’t insert your Iomega eGo external hard drive to the system when you suspect that the system has been affected by virus. And, most importantly carefully handle the drive while inserting and ejecting it from any device.